Mmmmm... A nice, juicy portabella mushroom wrapped in lettuce. Could it get any better? Yes. Hence the need for a recipe. You could also actually put everything in a bun or on bread or something if you would like. However, due to limited resources and extreme laziness, I just can't be bothered to cook up a hamburger bun. If you're feeling up to the challenge though, have a go at making these sandwich rolls. I've never personally tried them, but tell me how it goes :)
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 sweet onion (or whatever type you would like)
- Romaine lettuce
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Olive oil for cooking
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub the mushrooms with olive oil. Grill in an oiled pan for about 2 minutes per side.
- Salt and pepper the mushrooms and put them in the oven, gills facing up. Cook for 15 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are in the oven, cut the onions into rings and grill them in an oiled pan.
- Place each "burger" in a lettuce leaf.
- Add onion rings and avocado slices on top of the mushroom.
- Wrap everything up in the lettuce (add an extra leaf if you would like) and bite in! Yummmm.
*Variations: Feel free to put whatever you please in the "burger." Slice of tomato, sprouts, pesto, anything!