What? Macaroni and cheese? C'est impossible! You had given up all hope of experiencing such deliciousness ever again. But fear not, dear readers! Beauty and magic and goodness are still present in our world. So, you could spend hours browsing teh interwebz in search of a super legit, complex, vegan, gluten-free casserole-style macaroni and cheese recipe. By all means, be our guest. Or, you could take us up on the alternative. Below you will find a a sufficiently tasty short-cut recipe, appropriate for the cooking-challenged (though you may want to seek some supervision, just in case).
Here at Culinary Misadventures, we like to keep things fancy. As a result, you get recipes like Jalapeño and Onion Mac n Cheese. But if you don't like jalapeños, just skip them. However, if you don't like onions, you seriously need to reevaluate your life-style and personal values. Here it is!
Jalapeño and Onion Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 packet of Mrs. Leeper's corn pasta - elbows or rotelli
- 1 packet Daiya cheddar cheese
- 1 medium sweet onion (or whatever type of onion tickles your fancy)
- 1 can jalapeño peppers or two fresh jalapeño peppers
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove lid. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy. Yummmmmmm.
Mmmmmmmmm the yellowest pasta you will ever eat.
Tasty looking? I know. I made it, didn't I?
So gooey. And delicious.
Once more, this time with dramatic zoom. For effect.